Body Language Diploma
As a means of communication, body language might not be something we often think about, but it’s definitely something we notice every day, whether consciously or unconsciously. From subtle displays to more obvious reactions, body language can tell us a lot about how a person is thinking and feeling, if we know what to look for. Uncover all the intricacies of body language with this online body language course.
Whether you work in a profession where body language training would be beneficial, or you just have a personal interest in the subject, this flexible and affordable learning option is packed full of insight and interpretation.
Why Should I Take A Body Language Diploma?
Understanding more about body language can help you in both professional and personal situations – enabling you to communicate more effectively. Looking at the meaning behind many gestures, expressions, positions and behaviours can help you to perform better in many situations, and body language can even be highly effective as a conflict resolution tool.
Some professions that may benefit from body language training include those in customer service roles, working in public service organisations such as the police, or in healthcare or volunteering, where understanding and building up relationships are essential skills.
Also, gaining a greater understanding of how your own body language can be interpreted may help you feel more comfortable and confident when meeting new people and making friends, going to job interviews, or maybe even pursuing a new career or hobby.
What Will A Body Language Diploma Teach Me?
Gain an insight into human behaviour and look further into how to interpret body language with this varied collection of e-learning modules. You’ll look at body language from an everyday viewpoint, and discover how it can affect personal and professional relationships. There’s also time to look at your own body language to understand the gestures and actions that you do and make every day.
Culture can play a key role in how different feelings and reactions are displayed, the meaning behind them, and how they come across to others, so you’ll learn more about cultural differences and how they apply to this fascinating subject. Part of this course is also designed to help you identify the negative aspects of body language, including concealing, intimidating, unapproachable, emotive behaviours.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This 10 module online course covers many different aspects of body language, including cross culture interpretation and body language in the workplace. Conclude your learning with the included exam to achieve certification.
- Study body language basics and non-verbal communication.
- Look at correctly interpreting body language.
- Examine the different types of personal space.
- Discover the similarities between verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Learn how to read body language.
- Compare the different features of body language.
- Discover the tools needed to interpret body language.
- Interpret gestures made using hands, feet, and fingers.
- More about hand gestures, including using hands, palm, and thumbs.
- Learn why hands are important in body language.
- Insight into handshakes and crossed arm gestures.
- Look at what handshakes can convey, and the impact they have.
- Find out more about the different types of eye contact.
- Learn how to interpret eye signals.
- A look at negative body language and what it can portray.
- Tips on body language in the workplace and for career success.
- Body language in different cultures, and its complex interpretation.
- Understand the different aspects of body language between cultures, and in relationships.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Take steps towards becoming a more effective communicator.
- Put into practice tips that will help you succeed at job interviews.
- Apply the body language techniques learned in a variety of work, volunteer or personal settings.
- Discover the difference between, and signs of, truthful and non-truthful communications.
- A flexible way to learn, at a time and pace to suit your lifestyle.
- On-going support while you complete your online training.
- Easy to follow modules and course structure.
- Train your staff to become better at non-verbal communication.
- Understanding that interaction is a complex mix of different forms of communication
- Introduction to body language basics
- Evolution of body language and non-verbal communication
- Importance of correct interpretation of body language
- Parallels between verbal and non-verbal communication
- The different dimensions of body language
- Different types of personal space (proxemics)
- Paralinguistic attributes
- Understanding the different components of communication
- Features of body language and how the body reflects emotion
- How to read body language correctly
- Interpretation using congruence, relevance and context
- Interpreting how our feet speak their own language
- Ankle locks, figure four crosses and scissor stance
- Everyday gestures and their significance
- Common hand, foot and finger gestures
- Importance of hands in body language
- Different hand and palm gestures
- Thumbs and body language
- The law of cause and effect and how to use it
- How handshakes can convey control, dominance and submission
- How to use palm positions effectively in a handshake
- Different types of handshakes and how to interpret them
- How to pay attention to your handshake and improve the impact
- Interpretation of eye signals
- The role of pupils and direction of gaze
- Different types of gazing behaviour
- Different types of eye contact and interpretation of emotion
- Different types of lies
- Gestures and postures that indicate deceit
- Changing positions of the head, feet and hands
- Changes in breathing patterns
- Tips and techniques to improve career success
- How to use body language for better communication
- The art and science of smiling
- Body language tips during job interviews
- Complexity of interpretation of body language in other cultures
- Eye contact, proxemics and physical contact in different cultures
- The significance of nodding your head
- Negative and positive body language between spouses or partners
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above