MCSE SQL 2012 Data Platform (Live Labs Included)
Supporting database analysts and designers to go beyond simply understanding the mechanics of SQL Server 2012, this course shows how to create and deploy database solutions for an enterprise-class environment. Once this intensive, hands-on course has been completed, database analysts will have the knowledge and skills required to implement and develop robust and efficient SQL server solutions.
By completing this course students will fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and how to build and query complex database solutions in a real world environment. From the core fundamentals of installing and configuring SQL Server 2012, through to querying data directly using T-SQL and on to building and developing enterprise class data platforms, delegates will gain a complete understanding of the database system and How it can be extended to meet the data needs of the modern enterprise.
In addition to comprehensive training materials, the MCSE SQL Server 2012 Data Platform course also provides access to Practice-Labs. The Practice-Labs is an online environment where delegates have access to dedicated live equipment, allowing them to recreate course scenarios and design new database solutions without constructing their own costly test environment.
Students can expect to boost their job prospects and employability as they acquire new expert-level database design skills and experience in SQL Server 2012.
Learn more about practice labs
View more about Practice Labs
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Completing the five modules included in this course will give participants all the skills and knowledge required to pass the MCSE Data Platform exams and prepare them for a successful career in database management and development.
After completing early modules that cover T-SQL and SQL Server 2012 installation and management, students will then go even deeper by learning about enterprise deployment scenarios, using SQL Server 2012 data warehousing to provide the back-end infrastructure for BI applications:
- Mastering data using Master Data Services.
- Ensuring data accuracy using Data Quality Services.
- Managing, configuring and deploying SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to automate and extend BI functionality.
- Perform data manipulation, transformation and integration operations to collate information from multiple sources, including custom applications and third party data stores.
- Troubleshoot data integration and quality issues to ensure accuracy for reporting and line-of-business applications.
Building on the understanding of how SQL Server 2012 works, participants will then move on to extending functionality programmatically by:
- Creating and altering tables, constraints, data types, indexes and scalar functions to further improve data access options.
- Designing and building advanced solutions that deliver the concurrency, integrity and reliability demanded by enterprise-class database provisions, and off-loading processing requirements from custom applications.
- Optimize data and data access routines to improve efficiency and resource load in preparation for use with custom BI applications.
- Using performance and system information to implement a continual maintenance and improvement program.
The final module then uses all of the techniques learned so far, applying them to the question of designing and developing database solutions that will meet the most demanding business requirements:
- Using data compression techniques to maximise storage and bandwidth usage.
- Building database models with lock granularity and search strategies tailored to specific business needs.
- Designing and constructing full-lifecycle database environments that consider expansion, upgrade and migration needs from the outset.
- Applying automation to streamline management and data processing, reducing administrator workloads.
Students will also cover a number of fundamental basics, such as the use of T-SQL to access and manipulate data, and installing and managing the SQL Server 2012 database platform. The course ensures that database analysts and designers gain a 360º overview of the system, necessary for building robust BI and data warehousing systems.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Web-accessible course materials allow students to follow the course at their own pace, in their own time. The MCSE SQL Server 2012 Data Platform course is essential for database developers and analysts who need:
- In-depth understanding of SQL Server 2012 design principles and how to engineer suitable database systems using Microsoft technologies.
- The tools and techniques required to access and manipulate data efficiently.
- The knowledge, skills and techniques required to build powerful applications using SQL Server 2012 technologies.
- Full understanding of the install, configuration and maintenance procedures required to deliver optimum SQL Server 2012 performance and reliability.
- Design, deploy and manage an advanced SQL Server 2012 data warehouse that will meet the changing needs of a real world enterprise.
Completion of this course also fully prepares database designers and data analysts for the SQL 2012 MCSA/MCSE exams.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
Microsoft 70-461: Querying SQL Server 2012
Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
Microsoft 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
Microsoft 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
SQL 2012 And The 464 Test
Working with Data Types
Planning In Indexing
Improving Performance with NonClustered Indexes
Using Indexes And Execution Plans
Working with Views
Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
Merging Data and Passing Tables
Designing and Implementing User Functions
Creating Highly Concurrent SQL Server Applications
Handling Errors in TSQL
Implementing Managed Code
Storing XML in SQL
Working with the Spatial Data
Working With FullText Indexes and Queries
Microsoft 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Designing A Database Server Infrastructure
Designing A Logical Database Scheme
Designing A Physical Database Implementation
Incorporating Data Files Into the Database
Tuning Database Performance
Desigining Database Security
Policy Based Management
Monitoring Server Health
Designing Database Backup Solution
Automating Multi Server Maintenance
Managing SQL Server With Windows Powershell
Planning High Availability
Review of SQL Statements
Eleven Rules Of Database Design
|MCSE Data Platform|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above